Make this recipe really easy by using ready made cheese sauce or a packet cheese sauce mix
- 4 White Fish fillets (any you like eg cod, haddock or pollock)
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 bag baby spinach leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
For Cheese Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 pint milk
- Large handful of grated cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4-5
- Make cheese sauce by heating the butter and adding the flour. Let this cook for a few minutes. Gradually add the milk stirring all the time. Any lumps should disperse but don’t worry if they don’t as you can pass it through a sieve if all else fails!
- When the milk thickens add the grated cheese and some seasoning.
- Meanwhile boil a kettle of water, put the spinach in a colander and pour over the boiling water so that the leaves start to wilt. Rinse in cold water and squeeze any excess water out.
- Grease a shallow baking dish and add the fish fillets.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the fish
- Cover the fish with the spinach and then pour over the cheese sauce.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily
Make it Different
– Try this recipe with haddock, cod, monkfish or pollock
If you don’t have fresh spinach you can use frozen or tinned instead
Fast Free Shipping to Mainland UK