Whiting fillets shallow fried in breadcrumbs
We have used whiting fillets but any white fish fillets work equally as well
- Whiting fillets
- Plain flour
- Lightly beaten egg
- Rapeseed oil or very light olive oil for frying
1) Put flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs into three different shallow dishes. Take the first fish fillet and dip into the plain flour and then shake off any excess.
2) Dip the flour coated fish fillet in the lightly beaten egg.
3) Now dip the fish into the breadcrumbs and shake any excess off
4) Heat a little rapeseed or light olive oil in a pan. Do not overheat the oil as it will smoke. Fry the fish on one side for a few minutes and then turn and repeat on the other side
Make it Different
– Try this recipe with haddock, cod or pollock
You can make your own breadcrumbs or use bought ones instead
Fast Free Shipping to Mainland UK