Tabouleh Style Bulgar Wheat Salad
This is our version of a tabouleh style salad. We do tend to vary the ingredients which is why this salad is a great one for experimenting with – lots of different combinations work well together. It’s always a good idea to include the stronger flavours like mint though as bulgar wheat and couscous can have a tendency to be a bit bland
- Approx 250g Bulgar Wheat
- Approx 1ltr of Stock (veg or chicken)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- 2-3 Handfuls of Herbs – we use Mint & Coriander
- Half a Cucumber
- 2 crushed cloves of Garlic
- Juice & zest of 1 Lemon
- Feta Cheese
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse bulgar wheat and put in large bowl
- Pour over boiling stock until the level is approx 1 inch (25mm) above the bulgar wheat and leave to stand for 15 mins. Most of the water, if not all, will be absorbed by the bulgar wheat. If there is any liquid remaining, drain and then fluff up with a fork.
- While the bulgar wheat is soaking chop up the herbs, tomatoes and cucumber
- Mix the chopped ingredients into the bulgar wheat
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and crushed garlic together and stir through the salad.
- Add feta cheese and stir through and then transfer to a serving dish
- Season with some salt & pepper
Make it Different
– Try replacing the coriander with flat leaf parsley
If you do not have bulgar wheat then you can use couscous. We prefer bulgar wheat because it has a slightly nuttier texture than couscous but this salad works just as well with either.
Fast Free Shipping to Mainland UK