Mussels with White Wine, Chilli and Garlic
Mussels are a great choice for sharing with friends and this recipe is great because you can adjust the quantities depending on how much spice or garlic you prefer.
(4 people as a main course)
- 2Kg live mussels
- 2-3 Shallots (finely chopped)
- 3 large Garlic Cloves (or 4 small) chopped
- 200ml White Wine
- 1 Red Chilli – chopped
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- a little olive oil
- Clean and prepare the mussels – for instructions to do this click here
- Heat a little olive oil in a saute pan or deep frying pan and fry the shallots over a medium heat for a few minutes until they start to soften
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute
- Add the wine and boil for a couple of minutes
- Add the chopped red chilli and then the prepared mussels
- Stir around and then cover and cook for 5-6 minutes
- The mussels will be cooked when they open
- Discard any mussels that have not opened and then season the remainder with some salt & pepper and then sprinkle over the chopped parsley
- Serve with some crusty bread to soak up the delicious juices
Make it Different
Leave out the chilli if you prefer no spice and instead add the parsley at the same time as the mussels.
A small onion can be used instead of a shallot.
Fast Free Shipping to Mainland UK